When we heard that our opponent named Tsunami FC, we’re a bit nervous. They must be super strong as strong as tsunami. But most of our player said, the ball is round, so we shouldn’t be worried. And the worried was really just temporary when captain announce the new player whom just signed up for a year contract. And captain were confident with the lines up.
I was a bit late to arrive to the field, the game already started. This is our first time to play in Proton’s field in the evening. Normally we started after 8.30pm with the field flooded with the sport light. We saw the opponent players were a mix of my age and a lot of youngsters. This added my worried. But when Erik scored the first goal in the first half, the game changed. We managed to control the game and keep pushing their defender to work harder.
I played in the second half and stay in front as a striker whereas Cikgu Norhizam whom join us for the first time played in midfield. The opponent made a few changes in their defence and midfield too. We had a few chance but mostly dampen by the offside trap laid by Tsunami FC defender. But it was not long before Erik scored the second goal using his knee. The ball was passed from the right and Erik struck the ball on air but slightly missed it. Luckily his knee become the saviour.
I was in the awkward position when most of the pass from the midfield was too straight to me and I can’t avoid to be caught by the offside trap. I missed at least three chances right in front of the D area. But when Captain Pyea when in to replace Beh, the game a bit different. He asked me to stay on the left side. This make me a bit comfortable to cut cross diagonally to the middle without felt into offside trap.
The overhead ball was passed from the left back of the field to the middle and it was easily cased by me. When their defender was trying to block me, I managed to push the ball slightly to the right and got a bigger room to maneuver. It was then between me and their goalkeeper. I easily shot through to his right side and hit the net to contributed the third goal of the match. Unfortunate the joy was not long, my left boot was splitted into two, the bottom & the top. With this, I was forced to withdraw from the game earlier.
The third half of the game, was full of new line up including Noor Azmi, Saipu & Haswadi. We hope, there will be more Angsa member who’ll join the sport organised by Sport & Recreational Unit in the future. It’s not only to get together, but to promote healthy lifestyle among us.
I’m happy that today, I’d done my 20% (which was exercise) and for the other important 80% (which was nutrition), I fuelled myself with Herbalife Nutritional Shake mixed with Protein for my recovery. The 15 grams of protein plus 55 more nutrition helped my body to recover faster.
Stay Fit, Stay Healthy, More Ibadah.